Thursday, March 25, 2010

What's been going on?

Wow, I didn't realize it's been two weeks since I updated my blog. What have we been up to? Well...my mother in law's birthday came and went, and well...we had a great time. Time always flies so fast when you have fun!

What did we do on their visit? Well...they arrived Friday evening, and my hubby was still at work, so when they arrived we pretty much sat around and talked, and then when my hubby got home, we did pretty much the same. Then on Saturday, we all ate a quick breakfast just as we always do, and then almost always we head to HEB. My mother in law usually likes to get stuff she can't find up where they live, and I'll pretty much go to the big HEB anytime, because well...it's fun! They just have a ton of different stuff there, and while it can be crowded at times, it's still fun to me. Does that make me weird that I enjoy shopping at a really nice, upscale grocery store?!?

Then, after that we all went to eat at McAlister's (as always!) and I had the grilled chicken club just as I always seem to. It was really good. Sometimes it's just ok, but this time it was really good!

We sure had some wonderful weather that day! It was so nice to be outside that day!

After that we went to JCPenney...my mother in law and I love that store. My MIL used her gift card and got herself three new pairs of slacks, and might I add...they were all on clearance I believe. Good deal! I think she said she only spent like $4o or something. That gift card I gave her came in handy :)

I got a brand new top. OMG, I love it! I can't wait to wear it for my hubby's 30th birthday dinner with the inlaws. It's coming up in about two weeks! I wanted to dress up for this wonderful occasion! It's only once you turn 30! Plus the top will be appropriate for so many other occasions! Might wear it to the HS reunion at Crush if we go :) More on that in an upcoming entry :)

That evening was fun. Very low-key at home. We got takeout from Spring Creek barbeque for dinner. Hey...it was what my mother in law wanted. We ALL love the barbeque from there. So good! The conversation at dinner was awesome. I was laughing so hard, almost in tears...omg but it was great :) My mother in law cracks me the hell up!

As far as what my hubby and I been up to...the same ol, same ol...school, and work, and everything in between. Ohh yeah, and I've been starting some spring cleaning! Gotta work on that today actually :)

So...less than two weeks is hubby's birthday...the big ol 30! Woot woot! I'm excited. I'm irritated that he never gave me any hints on what he wants...so I'm gonna have to come up with my own ideas, and then tell his Mom to prolly just get him a gift card. It's hard to really buy for anyone anymore. Hubby usually gives me money or a gift card because well...everyone knows that I like to buy what I want for myself. I think we are getting out sometime on Saturday, so I'll do his shopping then!

Gosh this entry is getting long...well, in that case I better go...got stuff to do anyways.

Bye :)

No comments: